Friday, April 16, 2010

Virus Date & Time?

The other day I seen that my date was off by two years, its shows june 7th 2005. I can change that on my computers desktop okay and it stays like that until you shut down/restart the computer. I went into the CMOS and the date and time was two years behind there. So I changed the the time and date there, saved and exited. When the computer restarted the time was still two years off in both areas. I can not get them to stay at the correct date. I have ran AVG Virus, AVG Spyware, Spybot S%26amp;D, and Ad-Ware 2007. None of them have deticated a problem, but I know better!


Any help would really be appreciated. Thank You,


Gwynn

Virus Date %26amp; Time?
The battery for you BIOS is probably going bad. Replace the battery on your mother board. The other problem could be that you have a bad BIOS chip but I thinking it is the battery.
Reply:I've got the same problem. I'ts definitely not the CMOS battery. An empty CMOS battery would reset the date to 1970, but it would not change the date by exactely 2 years.


In the meantime I've got some more severe problems like unable to start the explorer etc. Report It


implants

No comments:

Post a Comment